Baby Contest – What To Know
- Babies can be judged in multiple categories but may only win one.
- Judges are nurses and staff from the Women’s Center and Pediatric Department at Timpanogos Regional Hospital and Provo and Orem City Royalty.
- For age group categories prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for boys and girls.
- In theme and siblings/multiples categories, prizes are awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but gender is not considered.
- 1st place winners will be invited to ride with a parent in the Summerfest Parade later tonight. Details are provided on the back of this sheet
- Winners will be posted on the Orem City Facebook page and Timpanogos Regional Hospital Facebook page after 2:30 pm.
- Orem City: facebook.com/OremCity
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital: facebook.com/TimpHospital
- All participants are automatically entered into a drawing for extra gifts!
- Contest and drawing winners will be notified and can pick-up their prize at the Orem City Library starting the next Tuesday after the event. If prizes are not picked up by the end of June the winner forfeits the prize.
Thank you for participating and have a great time!
For FIRST PLACE winners…
Congratulations, as a 1st place winner, your baby is invited to ride in the Orem Summerfest Parade this evening!
Who: The baby winner and one parent ONLY are invited to ride in the parade
When: Report to the parade information booth at 6:30 pm tonight
Where: The information booth and parade staging area are located at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints buildings at: 800 S 800 E, Orem, UT, 84057
You will need to have someone drop you off at the staging area and pick you up at the end of the parade route. The parade ends in the Smith’s parking lot on the corner of State Street and Center Street. PLEASE NOTE: There WILL NOT be transportation provided back to the church parking lot after the parade.
Things to know:
- Bring jackets, blankets, snacks, toys, or any other necessary items to keep your baby happy during the parade route.
- The parade is about 1.5 miles and takes roughly 40 minutes to complete. The baby float is closer to the front of the parade. But the parade does not begin until 7:00pm.
- The parade route starts at 800 South and 800 East and goes to Center Street. It then turns left up Center Street and ends by City Hall and Smith’s.
- If you have any questions or get lost, call parade helper Anne Turner at 801-473-7243
THE 2021 BABY CONTEST IS FULL AND AT MAX CAPACITY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND WE HOPE TO CATCH YOU NEXT YEAR.
Orem Summerfest and America’s Freedom Festival are excited to present the 2021 Summerfest Baby Contest presented by Timpanogos Regional Hospital.
Saturday, June 12th
9 am – 12 pm
Orem Family Fitness Center
575 W Center St.
$13 online – No registrations will be accepted at the door.
To help with the flow of the event, we’re asking participants to register by time slots and come to the Fitness Center during their appointed window. If a certain time slot is full, please select a different one.
If you would like to register by phone, please call 801-714-6100. Registering by phone might be best for registering multiple children. This service is being managed by Timpanogos Regional Hospital.
All children ages 0-36 months are invited to participate. Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded in the following categories:
- 0-6 months (Boy and Girl)
- 6-12 months (Boy and Girl)
- 12-18 months (Boy and Girl)
- 18-24 months (Boy and Girl)
- 24 – 36 months (Boy and Girl)
- Siblings (Including Twins/Multiples)
- Movie Magic
- Animal Adventure
- Storybook Fun
Each registration comes with one gift bag which includes a free mini-Minky Couture blanket and will be entered into a drawing for major prizes, including Thanksgiving Point Yearly Family Passes and more! Plus, 1st place winners will be invited to ride in the Orem Summerfest Parade at 7 PM that evening!
Register your baby online today!